Alexandru Popovski a landscape photographer based in Key West, Florida, originally from the Republic of Moldova. After my graduation in Psychology, I started working in the Human Resource department for a financial company. At that moment I started to take pictures been inspired by the beauty that the surrounding nature could offer to us; that activity was a great escape from a daily routine. When I came in Key West, my photography journey became more fascinating, as I was surrounded by the ocean and water become mostly present in my photography as the subject, often combined with the human activity elements. I like to show moments that can't or can hardly be seen with the naked eye such as lightning strikes or the coastal shore using long exposure techniques. My ultimate goal is to bring positive changes in people's lives by spreading the beauty and appreciation of Mother Nature.
- Fine Art Photo Awards 2017/18 - 3rd place winner in Night Photography Category
- Tokyo International Photo Awards 2017 - Bronze winner in Nature/Underwater Category
- Fusion Art 2nd Annual Waterscapes (April 2017) Online Juried Art Exhibition - Best of the Show (1st place winer)
- Key West Photography Festival - 2nd place winner in Best of Key West Category
- International Photo Awards 2016 - 3rd place (Nature/Landscape)
- Fine Art Photo Awards 2016 - Nominee (Seascape category)